Sunday, October 6, 2013

Aussie My Besties - Too Cute To Spook




Hello my lovelies :)
I really hope you are having a lovely weekend.


Zoe has had the last two weeks off due to school holidays but she will be going back on Tuesday.  It has been wonderful having her at home but I just wish I was able to do something more special with her. I would really like to take her away for a weekend but it's just not possible right now.  However we did go out for a little retail therapy together yesterday at Erina. We spent too much money but it was worth it.  I got a few crafty bits & pieces for my new Smash Book (which will be having it's own blog post lol). Zoe got a few new clothes so she is happy :)



Today is the day for a new My Besties challenge. 
This time the challenge is 'Too cute to spook'
There are 5 digis up for grabs to win so I hope you will join us :)


Due to DDCC going live with its first challenge just a few days ago (which you can find here) I have been inundated with heaps to do there & I only had a few hours in which to design something quick for the My Besties challenge.  I went & ventured into my Pinterest boards to find some inspiration that would allow me to create something in a flash so it would be ready in time :)


I quickly coloured up my image (which I know isn't my best colouring) & began to create a cute little Post It Note Holder. This is the first time that I have tried my hand at this & I was amazed with how quickly it all came together.




You can find the Bestie image here.


I used the following Copic colours:

Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20
Hair: E21, 25, 29
Bow & Pumkin: YR00, 02, 04, 07
Dress: Y00, 02, 06, 08
Witches Hat: C0, 01, 03, 05, 07 
Blender


Want to pin the Copic colour combo?







All of the DP's are from my scrap stash which I am so glad that I was able to use. The flower buttons were also from my 'oldies' stash. 






Of course I added some pearls :)






This design holds the post-it notes beautifully :)






I had a little bit of a hard time deciding which ribbon I should use & ended up settling on the gorgeous black one. This design measures 4 x 4 inches & easily fits into a handbag.  


I'm thinking of creating one for myself so that I can use it for jotting down all my Smash Book ideas as I think of them. Then I can just simply stick the note onto my Smashie page & that way all my thoughts will be there ready & waiting for when it comes time to Smash the page properly :) 
Very handy to have I reckon :)


If you would like to pin this design to your Pinterest board:



-----------------------------------------

This design has been popped into my

-----------------------------------------





I would like to include my design into the following challenges:

Bearly Mine #106 - Halloween
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown #167 - Colours of Fall
Penny's Challenge #147 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamps - We're going dotty
Crafty Ribbons #64 - Anything goes with ribbon
Cute Card Thursday #289 - Signs of distress
MAWTT - Anything goes
2 Sisters #164 - Fall fun
Allsorts #227 - Autumn Colours
Sweet Stampin' - Autumn
Corrosive #184 - Cute & creepy
Pile It On #40 - Favourite colour
Divas by Design - CAS
RRR #81 - Halloween with ribbon
Top Tip Tuesday #111 - Flowers
CMC Copic Challenge Group #78 - Fall colours



-----------------------------------------



Thank you so much for popping over. 

Don't forget to have a go at our very unique challenge at DDCC
We would love to see your creations & you could Win $20 cash! 
Hope to see you there :)



Big hugs xxx





Thank goodness for social media :)  Feel free to keep up with me :)
Facebook - I hold regular giveaways & discounts on my designs - Click here
Twitter - Tweet tweet - Click here
Pinterest - Yes I'm addicted lol - Click here


Follow on Bloglovin




29 comments:

Cindy said...

Again this is so beautiful! I am going to write down the colors of the copics, I love them. In the Netherlands Halloween is not so popular, but I love the Pumpkins and the witches. Hugs, Cindy

Tindaloo said...

sweet creation :)

Karen Letchworth said...

Beautiful work!
If you'd like a couple more great challenges to enter, please check out these:
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - Anything Goes (every week)
www.vssweetideas.com - (Halloween for October)
We would LOVE having you play along at both of these fun challenges.
Blessings to you,
Karen

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous post it holder ! the image and whole design is gorgeous ! these would make lovely gifts :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely post-it notes holder you have made here which fits perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Challenge this week of “Halloween”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

Heather said...

A fabulous creation Lisa, a great design of your post it holder, lovely colouring of the sweet Bestie image and gorgeous details!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Brilliant post it holder - such a clever idea. I love the image you've used and how you've coloured her. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week, and good luck in the challenge. Hugs Janine xx

CraftyGirl said...

Great post it note holder and super cute image. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

Sarah said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Lisa, I love the design and your image is coloured so beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our Autumn Colours challenge x

Janiel/ janny said...

oh my THIS IS ADORABLE!!!! love the card great image too!!
hugs..........

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is a lovely creation, thanks for playing with us on MAWTT this week, Love Hazelxox

catherine said...

This is beautiful Lisa and thanks for joining our challenge at Allsorts this week
x catherine

carol said...

OOOH Super card, thanks for playing along with our challenge at CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

carol said...

Super card, thanks for playing along with our challenge at CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

Laurian said...

Very cute!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian

Cathy P said...

Your coloring is fabulous, Lisa. I'm not sure what you meant about your best, but this sure looks like quality work! Thanks for the great idea of your Post-it Note holder and for linking it up with us at the Fall Colors Challeneg ay Color Me Creative.
Cathy xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

So pretty! I was wondering if you have given your Sept. 30 blog candy yet. I have been looking but haven't seen it. I will check back later. Thanks - love your blog!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous, awesome colouring in, thank you for joining in with Divas By Design
Lindsay xx

Unknown said...

loving your card, the colours are great, good colouring too thanks for joining us over on divas by designs x

Lisa said...

This post it note holder is really pretty Lisa! Lovely coloring. Thanks for playing with us at Papertake Weekly :)

Danni said...

Simply fabulous! Thank you for playing along with the CMC Copic Challenge!

cristel said...

oh i just love it
greetings

Rose Andrew said...

Hi Lisa
Beautiful project work ..! Simply love it ..! Love how you colour your image .. !
Hugs
Rose

The-Butterfly said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the papers and the big black boarders and bow really set the project off! Inside is also beautiful! And of course another fantastic coloured image! I'd be so happy to have my post-it notes in this! Heck, if r happy with a bigger one to use as a binder or Project Life folder....

Mish B said...

What a beautiful note holder. Your colors are gorgeous. Fantastic job on this. Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!

Unknown said...

WOW.. That's all I can say. I love the way you coloured the image and its so pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge.
'Shell
http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca

Bonnie Garby said...

Great project! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Unknown said...

What a cool project! Love how you colored this sweet image and your choice of papers. Thank you for joining our 'Favourite color' challenge at Pile It On Challenge and please come back next week.
Anna

Digi Darla said...

Pretty card, love your digi's so cute....

Hugs
Kim

Kindly check my new site for more digi's DigiDarlaDesigns.com.

Thanks